My second clue that Ryker would be really into music was what I term "The Cheesecake Incident," though calling it an "incident" probably makes it sound somewhat dramatic when, really, it was just an interesting occurence. One night after work, I got home and my mom offered me a slice of cheesecake with cherry topping (from the can). I normally don't care much for cheesecake, especially with canned cherry topping, but I was starving and she already had the stuff out for it. As soon as she set the plate in front of me, I took a couple of bites and then noticed something peculiar in the cherry topping:
If there's anything I've noticed that calms Ryker down really well, it's music. It's not all music though. The two best musical devices used to calm my little monster down are his Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders™ Soothe & Glow Seahorse™ and me singing to him. In fact, I'm noticing this new thing he likes to do where he gets fussy so that I'll hold him and sing to him in attempt to get him to fall asleep. Now, keep in mind that I STILL don't usually get a full 8 hours of sleep each night, so I might be a little easier than normal to pull a fast one on me. Apparently, Ryker has figured that out because I keep getting duped into singing to him while he just chills - eyes wide open. (Little Trickster) It's okay though, he makes me feel like I sound pretty good so once I figure out that I've been tricked (yet again), I go with it. :)
Ryker's been a little more clingy lately and I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's because he can't see so great and it makes him feel better to be held, or if his gums are starting to hurt, as he's in the very beginning of teething. Regardless of the reason, I've been trying to figure out different ways to help him feel better. This, again, is where music comes into play. I decided to put him on my hip and dance with him, so I put on some Milli Vanilli (don't ask!) and get my groove on with my little man. Apparently, he was diggin' the old skool tunes. So, we're thinking about touring. I figure, if Milli Vanilli can get away with lip-syncing, why not Myker Vanyker? (The band name is still a work in progress, so feel free to give us any suggestions) I'm trying to teach Ryker some of the stellar moves from the "Girl You Know It's True" music video but, seeing as how Ryker has yet to master standing by himself, it may be awhile before we're ready to take our band to the next level. I've decided to embed the music video, just in case you've never seen such a music video of epic proportions. (By the way, we'd love suggestions as to which moves to include in our routine)
I've been searching for the rad outfits, but am finding it a bit difficult. However, the wigs weren't too hard to track down. It may be awhile before everything is ready for our tour, so I've created a special sneak-peek for you so as to illustrate what me and Ryker are aiming for. Once again, any feedback is much appreciated as we take this joint venture very seriously. Thanks! :)






You guys are too cute! I'd totally pay for front row seats!
ReplyDeletelol that face in the hole pic is pretty rad. And you were totally right about that musical note in the cherry filling. It's perfect. Definitely a sign. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, the face in the hole pic is awesome. And the note in the cheesecake is impressive. Very cool how perfect it is and how Ryker loves music. Dancing with Zoey is a hit too, she likes the moving around.
ReplyDeleteNisi, I'll TOTALLY throw in some backstage passes for you if you come to our concert! ;)
ReplyDeleteLaura, thanks for agreeing with me on the note being a definite sign. There are skeptics in this world, ya know. (Damn skeptics!)
Tess, do you think Zoey would be interested in being a back-up dancer? I bet she's got some killer dance moves! ;)