Yesterday, as I was driving home from visiting a couple good friends of mine, I went through about 3 different types of rain. I LOVE the rain...always have...probably always will. I know I'll never experience every type of rain in the world, but I'd love to experience more of it - not just here in a few states. So far, out of all the rain I HAVE experienced, my favorite type is warm summer rain. The runner-up to that is misty Springtime rain, when everything is really lush and green all around.
Whether it's just sprinkling or pouring depends mainly on where I am, what I'm doing, and if I'm alone. The preferred place is secondary to what I'm doing, and what I'm doing is secondary to whether or not I'm alone. If I'm just by myself, then I prefer to have a view of the sky, rainclouds, mountains, and sunset. (In my opinion, best time of day to appreciate a rainstorm is during sunset.) And if I'm alone, then it usually doesn't matter what I'm doing. Although, in most cases, I'm driving somewhere. This is how I usually enjoy the rain - in my car, looking out the window at the general beauty of it. Often, I'll just take a drive to no place in particular just to enjoy the sights and sounds of a rainstorm.
I prefer to stay out of the rain itself, in most cases. If it's warm rain, then you might catch me outside, slowly twirling in it just to get the feel of it on my face and body. Warm rain is somewhat rare around here, so I take advantage of feeling it when it does occur, if I can anyway. There's only one other exception to me choosing to be in the rain and that's when I'm kissing the guy I love (no umbrellas preferred). This, too, has been a very rare experience. To date, I've only had 2 rain kisses. The first one was with my first boyfriend, Mike. He had taken me hiking and we were perched on a ledge, watching the sunset, when it started to rain. It was warm summer rain, the sunset was amazing, and it was the most memorable kiss I think I've ever had. The second rain kiss was at Junior Prom with my boyfriend at the time, Ryan. I remember looking outside and seeing it starting to rain. So I pulled Ryan out there so we could dance (and kiss) under the rain. A few minutes later, several other couples followed our lead and started dancing out in the rain. Apparently, I'm not the only fan of this. :)
Both of those instances were in high school, so it's been well over a decade since I've had a rain kiss. They're the best though, and I highly recommend trying it out if you haven't had the opportunity. Also, if you HAVEN'T had a rain kiss of your own, and are finding yourself skeptical about the awesome passion rain adds to your kiss, then I have a few inspirations that might change your mind. The following clips are from two movies that I have deemed as having the best kissing in the rain scenes:Having a great soundtrack probably helps a lot too but the sound of rain is pretty amazing in and of itself. Yes, I've thought about this subject...thought about it a lot lately, actually. Blame it on Spring Fever, blame it on my healing process, or blame it on the rain itself (no Milli-Vanilli reference intended). I've just been craving more rainstorms lately and, especially, craving to have someone special to kiss in one. *sigh* I'm just going to have to wait, which is okay...for now. :)



Oh man, I was thinking of both those movies while reading this blog. They really are pretty much the best examples of kissing in the rain ever. Yay (AAAHHHHHGGHGHgghh) for kissing in the rain! :)
ReplyDeletei have never done any kissing in the rain... I hope to change this one day... I'm glad you have... it sounds divine.
ReplyDelete