Friday, March 5, 2010

Amber


SUNSET

What is this bright light
That shines all around,
Yet everyday it slowly but
Gracefully goes down?

Is this an example
Of love it may portray
And the knowledge that we should
Always share that gift away?

We fall into the many
Colors it shows,
That a part of our Hearts
Allures and it grows

As we watch the beauty
We try to persue
In our own lives what
We find to be so very true

As it falls into the horizon
It touches our soul,
And deep in our hearts we
Realize what we already know

If we look beyond the worldliness
Look beyond our deepest fear,
Then we see there's much more to this life,
Perhaps a light that shines so dear

If you hold it close without
The need of words to say,
It will bring you great comfort
At the end of each day

If we stop in the chaos
And if we stop in our footstep,
We will see the beautiful painting
Of God's peaceful, lovely sunset!

~ Amber Young ~

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope comfort and peace find you. I hope solace rests in your heart and settles in your soul, wrapping you in a warm place. I love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad...what a beautiful poem. And so much more meaningful that it was written by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your kind words and support! :)

    ReplyDelete