So, as I've made mention in previous blog posts, I've been a total slacker on the photo front. Well, I finally got a few of Ryker recently. Woo hoo! First, I give you fluffy-hat Ryker. Oh man, I couldn't resist getting a picture of him in this one! hehehe
And now a series of photographic awesomeness, depicting Ryker's current fascination with his toes...
Must be damn good toes! Note the euphoric, almost drug-induced look on his face like he just can't seem to get enough? LOL!
So, Ryker's been jabbering and discovering his voice more and more each day. He coos and babbles a lot, but doesn't seem to giggle. I think he's working on it but, thus far, the closest thing to a giggle or laugh that comes out of his mouth is "Aaaaaaah." I think it's freaking cute though and just might prefer it to your standard baby giggle. I think that "Aaaaaah" just might be the new "Yay," but what do YOU think?
So, I decided to leave the best for last. Another photo? One more video perhaps? Nay. This is far better than a picture or video. Ryker had his MRI Friday morning and I had just about reached my breaking point. It was so hard watching Ryker get sedated and then keeping my eyes on the oxygen level monitors to make sure they were around or above the mid 90 percentile. They actually had to sedate the poor little guy more than they thought because he was fighting it. LOL! That's my little man. :) He woke up faster than most babies too and was super, super grumpy the rest of the day. I can't say I blame him though. That's a lot for a little person to take.
Well, I was hoping that we'd get the test results today, but didn't count on it. So, it came as a surprise when I got off work and I had a voicemail from Ryker's Pediatric Opthamologist, Dr. Dries. He said he got the results and had "just good news" for me. Of course I jumped to the conclusion that they didn't find anything abnormal about Ryker's brain, but I wanted to hear those actual words from Dr. Dries himself. So, I paged him and he called me back just a minute or two later confirming that, indeed, NO ABNORMALITIES were found in Ryker's brain. It looks like it's developing normally! He said that everything looked great, so there shouldn't be any hormone deficiencies or developmental issues!!
I think that deserves a good "Aaaaaah!!!" Don't you? :D
.jpg)





YAAAYYY!! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys. But not too surprised since Ryker seems to be doing great on every front besides vision. It's gotta be so nice to know for sure though. I totally agree about ahh being the new yay. :) And his toe sucking pics are so cute. I love his little polka dot diaper too.
ReplyDeleteDon't you mean "Aaaaaah!!"? ;)
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaah! I'm very happy to hear the news. What a relief. That video is out of control cute. I watched it with Zoey and she was soooo into it. Ryker's baby speak is apparently VERY interesting.
ReplyDeleteMmmm.... early toe fetishist. Nice!
ReplyDeleteGrats on the happy news... glad you guys are getting some relief.
=)
Thanks, Laura, for having faith in my little man and not being surprised that his brain is okay. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG, Tess, that's SO AWESOME that you and Zoey watched the video together. I wonder if she understood what Ryker was Aaaaahing about. LOL! :)
And thanks for the Grats, Mike. I really appreciate it! (I'm not sure if I agree with your "Toe Fetish" theory though.) :)