Monday, March 8, 2010

Angels & Inspirations

As I was looking for pictures of angels for my previous post, I ran across some completely amazing photographs by one of my very favorites photographers, Zena Holloway.  I came across her work almost a decade ago.  She specializes in underwater photography and I've always been inspired by her work. 

The first photograph in my last post was done by Zena.  It is from a childrens' book called The Water Babies, and I realllllly need to pick it up one of these days because it's a great story with obviously breathtaking artwork!  It makes me smile whenever I see it, so that's why I decided to put it as the first picture in my post. 

Angels have always been an inspiration to me, as far back as I can remember.  When I was a teenager, I decorated my room with angels because they gave me such a sense of peace and love, and reminded me of the goodness in the world and what I should strive to be like.  Anyway, whenever I come across angelic artwork, I can't help but share it.  So, here are some water angel photos by Zena Holloway, that I adore:








If you liked these, then I highly recommend checking out http://www.zenaholloway.com/ for more awesome underwater photography.  You can also do an image search on Google to find some stuff of hers that may no longer be on her website.  I also recommend checking out the artwork and story from The Water Babies book here: http://www.thewaterbabies.com/  Who knows, maybe you'll find something that inspires you too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment