Ugh...I've been such a blog slacker and it's mostly because I've been sick for the past few days with a cold. Of course, Ryker's sick too. He seems to be handling it much, much better than I am. I wasn't even sure he had a cold because I expected him to be fussier. He's pretty much fussed no more than usual. The main tip off, is that he's super-snarffly...especially in the mornings. He gets snarffly in the mornings from time to time anyway, but not like this. Oh, and the extra coughing and sneezing would probably be tell-tale signs. Go figure. I think I would've been more on my game and noticed it right away if I hadn't been sick as well. The worst of our colds is over, I think. I'm rarely coughing anymore and the congestion is slowly going away. What's left behind, however, is a headache that makes me sensitive to sounds and the overwhelming urgeto pop my ears. Damnit, I HATE having my ears all plugged! Sleeping helps. Oh, and this Tylenol Cold Medicine:
It's supposed to be "warming," or whatever, but I haven't noticed any warm sensations. And it tastes pretty terrible. The trade-off is that it seems to work really well for me and helps me catch some z's. We've pretty much been trying to catch those extra z's to get better faster. Case in point: a photo of Ryker catchin' some z's:
And, in lieu of a horrible picture of ME catching z's, here's Whiskers:
She's been quite the love-starved kitty since Ryker was born, but she takes every remote opportunity to get some loves from me whenever Ryker's asleep. Oh, in case you're wondering, yes, I have photos of Ryker when he's awake. Although, I must say, it's quite unusual...he didn't wake up with a flashing camera all over his face, but when I made the slightest peep, getting into the drawer where the camera cord is, he totally woke up.
So, I decided to feed him a half hour earlier than usual, because he just refused to go back to sleep and was pretty cranky. Besides, there is that saying "feed a cold," or whatever. So, I figure it couldn't hurt. So, onto what's been going on in Ryker's world. Well, he's almost completely mastered controlling his neck, which makes tummy time a lot more fun for him. Before, he'd just lie there, face stuffed into the blanket like it had immediately defeated him.
Now, he lifts his head up half of the time and shoves his hands into his mouth the other half of the time. He seems to like it for a little while at least. On top of that, Ryker makes tons more cooing noises these days, but most especially during tummy time. I'm not sure what the correlation is there. One thing he needs to work on though is his arm muscles. He hasn't quite figured out how to push himself up or against things. He's a pro with his legs though. He's always kicking them around and pushing against various surfaces (mommy included) with his legs. It's almost like he just wants to by-pass crawling altogether and opt for walking. I won't let him though. I make sure to give him some tummy time each day.
Hehehe...I had fun taking these pictures, which makes me wonder why I'm even a slacker at all with taking his picture. I love how he looks like an angry celebrity, who is just fed up with getting his picture taken! Watch out Geraldo, you got nuthin' on Ryker!
So, this "paparazzi" mom elected to switch to video instead. For your viewing enjoyment, the FIRST video (that I finally got around to getting) of Ryker:








I can't believe how much more he looks like you than even the last pictures that I saw of him. He's turning out to be quite the handsome little man. :)
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! I love the video of him and all of his adorable little cooing noises. Zoey can't lift her head at all yet when she is on her tummy. I hope you both feel all better soon.
ReplyDelete"Mfmfmmmmmmm.... knuckle sandwich... tastes soo good!"
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! He's such a looker. =)
I think the best part of the movie is the narrator. There's something awe-inspiring about the way she highlights the action.