Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sublunar (Sweet Angel)

Sometimes I listen to this song and feel a certain sadness inside because, in a very specific part of my life, I relate too, too well I think...


Sublunar (Sweet Angel)
From The Dawnseeker by Sleepthief

Well the lights are on, but I don't feel safe
By this tainted window
So if you're looking in you might see the pain,
But I don't want you to know, so...

Just go on pretending that you don't know
All I am is empty, an empty world in my heart

Sweet angel

All my pretty things make you stop and think,
I must be a sweet angel
But when the glitter smears
And the wires appear
You'll see I'm horribly mangled, but

Hush

Just go on pretending that you don't know
All I am is empty, an empty world in my heart

Sweet angel
 

1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful and sad. I think it does match many experiences in our lives, although I can't pretend to know what all of yours are. Thank you for introducing this to me.

    ReplyDelete