Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sick...blah...sick. Part 2


So, I probably should have posted this one yesterday and the zombie one today, or at least right afterward.  I was really, really excited about zombifying me and Ryker though.  hehehe

Annnnnyway, so on the road towards recovering from the common cold, I came down with a 24-hour bug of some sort.  This happened early Monday morning.  I woke up and barely made it to the restroom.  I'll spare you all of the icky details, but lets just say I felt like I was dying.  My stomach had pretty painful cramps that, at times, felt like I was being stabbed slowly with a dull knife and then said knife would twist my stomach around for a few minutes.  NOT fun.  My stepdad, Bob, got it too so we were both stuck in bed all day long.  Thank goodness it was a normal babysitting day for Ryker, who actually ended up staying over night at my dad and stepmom's after he left the babysitter, just to be safe.  It was a good thing too because, low and behold, my mom got this infamous bug Monday night!

By yesterday morning, I was feeling well enough to go to work, just mainly very tired.  Bob seemed to have recovered as well and my mom recovered this morning.  Ryker is the only one who escaped this crappy bug, thank God.  As if it wasn't bad enough having a cold, I had to get sick even worse towards the tail-end of it.  I'm just thankful it only lasted 24 hours, or at least the worst of it.  Even today I feel a bit run down and my tummy is sensitive to food, but I think that comes with the territory of recuperating.  I actually feel the worst for my mom.  Not only did she get a cold, but she also got Strep Throat over the weekend (which got nipped pretty quickly due to antibiotics), and THEN she got the same bug that me and Bob came down with.

I wasn't too worried about Ryker getting Strep Throat because everything I looked up online stated that it was pretty rare for children under the age of 3 to get it.  Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't like I wasn't worried at all.  I was just WAY more worried about him getting the same 24-hour bug I got.  The week before, my sitter and her whole family got the same thing, and the weekend before last, my niece's mom had it as well.  So, fair warning folks, SOMETHING is goin' around!

We're all better now though!  This house had BETTER have massive immune system strength at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment