So, yeah, now that I know I'm having a boy I'm ALL about monkeys. As much as I hate to admit it, Dan had something to do with that. He LOVES monkeys and, therefore, has gotten me into them as well. So, the vast majority of clothes and things I've bought (and hope to buy/receive) have monkeys on them.
I have quite a bit of clothes already and it would be much too time-consuming to post them all here, so I'm just going to skip to my crib bedding set. *sigh* BEHOLD: The Ultimate Monkey Crib Bedding!
I have quite a bit of clothes already and it would be much too time-consuming to post them all here, so I'm just going to skip to my crib bedding set. *sigh* BEHOLD: The Ultimate Monkey Crib Bedding!I was SOOOO excited when I found this. I bought everything in the picture so far except the window valance, hamper, and wall decor. I think I'm going to wait on those to see if they get any lower in price before I rush into getting anything else. Besides, as it stands, I don't even have a crib yet (nor the room for one in my current living circumstances). I'd really love for Ryker to have his own room, but that's probably a couple years away. Anyway, I'm just happy I found some monkey bedding that I like so much. Thankfully monkey, jungle, and safari themes are really BIG right now. So, I've even picked up an outfit or two that Ryker can wear next spring/summer.
Speaking of outfits, maybe I'm being a bit of a style nazi, but I'm REALLLLY adverse to most sporty baby clothes. It's not that I particularly dislike all sports or anything, it's just that he's a baby...and won't be forever. So, I don't want to "toughen up" his image quite yet. Though, I must say that I'm pretty excited to find him a Jazz onsie or hoodie or something. I should be more honest though, because there's more to it than just avoiding the tough image. Dan always put WAY too much importance on sports. I guess I have some ill feelings about it lingering and I don't want Dan, or anyone else, pushing my son into sporty stuff. I guess I look like a bit of a hypocrite now, wanting to put Ryker in Jazz wear, but nothing else...go ahead, call me on it. I'll admit, it seems hypocritical. I guess I can draw the line at actual team sports. But Dan had better not think he's putting Ryker in Minnesota Vikings crap. IF...and I mean IF Ryker wears any NFL stuff, it'll be Raiders all the way (my daddy's a Raiders fan; gotta represent, yo)! Anyway, I'm going to try to stay away from most sporty clothes while he's still my little baby boy. As he gets older, if he's interested in sports, great.
I'll get him some cool clothes that express that interest and make him feel good about it. I'm just going to cross my fingers that he wants to play soccor, basketball, or baseball and not rush into giving me a heart-attack by wanting to try rougher contact sports like football or hockey. My heart pounds harder right now as I think of all the possible injuries. :/
Speaking of outfits, maybe I'm being a bit of a style nazi, but I'm REALLLLY adverse to most sporty baby clothes. It's not that I particularly dislike all sports or anything, it's just that he's a baby...and won't be forever. So, I don't want to "toughen up" his image quite yet. Though, I must say that I'm pretty excited to find him a Jazz onsie or hoodie or something. I should be more honest though, because there's more to it than just avoiding the tough image. Dan always put WAY too much importance on sports. I guess I have some ill feelings about it lingering and I don't want Dan, or anyone else, pushing my son into sporty stuff. I guess I look like a bit of a hypocrite now, wanting to put Ryker in Jazz wear, but nothing else...go ahead, call me on it. I'll admit, it seems hypocritical. I guess I can draw the line at actual team sports. But Dan had better not think he's putting Ryker in Minnesota Vikings crap. IF...and I mean IF Ryker wears any NFL stuff, it'll be Raiders all the way (my daddy's a Raiders fan; gotta represent, yo)! Anyway, I'm going to try to stay away from most sporty clothes while he's still my little baby boy. As he gets older, if he's interested in sports, great.
I'll get him some cool clothes that express that interest and make him feel good about it. I'm just going to cross my fingers that he wants to play soccor, basketball, or baseball and not rush into giving me a heart-attack by wanting to try rougher contact sports like football or hockey. My heart pounds harder right now as I think of all the possible injuries. :/Okay, so onto my style nazi-isms...I don't like blue. Okay, that's not true. The color itself is alright. I actually LOVE certain shades of blue and find them very tranquil. However, I've been purposely staying away from crayon blue and even baby blue because I figure enough relatives are going to be buying blue stuff for Ryker. I'd feel the same about pink if I were having a girl. And if you're thinking of pointing out that the Utah Jazz's MAJOR team color is blue, ummmm yeah, I've already thought of that (damned Devil's advocates!). All I'm saying is that too much of a color is like too much cotton candy at the fair. It's cute and fluffy at first, but gets really sticky and old really fast. And before you know it, you're so overloaded with cotton candy sweetness you end up puking liquid cotton! Okay...sorry, that analogy went a bit extreme. BUT! So can too much of one color! To further illustrate my point, I've arranged some pictures below that are so chock-full of cotton candy goodness, that I think you'll end up getting sugar overkill just looking at them...






A little-known fact about Stormtroopers is that they can't seem to get enough cotton candy. It's just not normal folks.
So, yeah...I hope you've gotten the gist of what I was saying. By the way, the last picture is literally entitled "Death by Cotton Candy." Notice the sheer terror in that woman's face? 'Nuff said...I think we're through here.





I love your name choice. Ryker is such a good name. And also I love the monkey theme you have going! I like baby style monkey stuff too. I haven't even though about what to decorate with if I'm having a boy. I'm sure I'll start obsessing about decorating as soon as I find out. :)
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to you regarding the hating of sports paraphernalia...except I guess I take it even further since I can't even stand jazz stuff. I must be sick. I gotta tell you, though, those cotton candy pictures are glorious. You just made my commitment to both pink AND cotton candy even stronger. I'm pretty indifferent about the pale blue though. I love the death by cotton candy one especially. Brilliant.
ReplyDelete