I love the look on Ashlyn's face when her dad (my brother, Shaun) arrived to scoop her up onto his shoulders so she could look around at everything. I know I may be a biased aunt, but I think she's seriously one of the cutest little girls on the face of the planet. (I think that girl looking up at her MUST be thinking the same thing...notice the expression of utter envy on her face?)
Here's my mom, holding Ashlyn, trying to get her to look at the camera and smile. It never really happened. With as much as this kid gets her picture taken, it's a wonder she'll even stay in front of a camera these days! Still...I love this picture, even if neither of them are looking at the camera. It's more true and natural this way. :)
Ashlyn LOVES trains, or "choo-choos," so we HAD to ride the choo-choo at the zoo. It's just too bad that we waited in line for about 20 minutes and then right when we were at the gate, they told everyone they had to refuel the train and we'd all have to wait another 20 minutes.
Thankfully, it only took them about 10 minutes to refuel the choo-choo. :)





Now, onto the Asian Highlands, to see if we can get a glimpse of some tigers or other big kitties. Unfortunately, it was ungodly hot so no big kitties were in sight. However, that doesn't mean that they can't surprise spray you! It's a good thing me and Shaun are tough li'l Asians...
Yes, that's right...there's my tummy (as promised). ;)So, Ashlyn has these two little giraffe's that she takes pretty much everywhere she goes. She calls them Moo-Moos (or Mee-Moos...or maybe one's a Moo-Moo and the other is a Mee-Moos; we haven't quite figured it out yet). Anyway, we took her to see the giraffes and she loved 'em!



Unfortunately, as you can see, I didn't manage to get any pictures of Ashlyn up close to a giraffe. That's okay though because we DID manage to get her onto a giraffe on the Merry-Go-Round, which proved to be her very favorite part of the whole day.



And last, but not least, I leave you with a little video of our totally exciting Merry-Go-Round ride at the zoo. Enjoy! :) 
I personally can't wait to go back to the zoo again (I'm such a big kid about those kinds of things I guess). Anyway, brace yourselves because I've got more posts to come! :D

I'm so glad you had a good day. You totally deserve. I was looking forward to seeing you on fetish night, ya know since you mentioned in my comments you wanted to go. And you never showed up. And let me just tell you it was quite the drama filled and crazy night. We need to get together soon and talk. I have a lot to tell you. I love that last picture of you by the way. You are just such a gorgeous girl. Love ya
ReplyDeleteYour niece is such a cute lil pudge ball. :) And yeah...the zoo is so awesome. You're damned right about that one.
ReplyDeleteTeish ~
ReplyDeleteThanks, sweet girl! I don't feel gorgeous lately, so it helps a ton to hear that others still think I look good. :)
Sorry I didn't make it to Fetish Night. I totally had forgotten that it was Pioneer Day Weekend and my mom and step-dad had a BBQ. So, I felt really stuffed and lethargic afterwards and was in no condition to drive out to the club. I really need to go one of these days though. Hopefully I won't be too big next month!(?) I supposed I don't have to go on a Fetish Night though. I could just go on a more low-key night or something.
In any event, we SHOULD get together. I miss you and it would be so nice to catch up. :) When are you free?
I love going to the zoo too, being a big kid is fun. And yes, your niece is adorable, that little girl was totally jealous, obviously. You do look gorgeous, it's true. I know what you mean though, it is hard to feel sexy in the same way when you've got a bump. Really, it would be kind of creepy I think if men were all revved up by an obviously preggo tummy. But, to compensate, women get pretty revved up about the cute factor. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tess! I agree, it's creepy when a man (other than your S.O.) is attracted to you in all your pregnant glory. I guess the only exception is any men who knew you and your totally awesome attractiveness BEFORE the belly developed. Otherwise...creepy.
ReplyDeleteI second the "you are super cute" comments! And it's REALLY creepy when guys are obviously ogling you. Recently someone honked and leaned out the window staring as my husband and I were walking down the street, and we just kind of looked at each other... I mean, I'm 8 months. Bizarre.
ReplyDelete