Thursday, March 12, 2009

So I Decided to Change the Name of My Blog...

To something more appropriate, actually. Most of you (okay the ONE of you who is actually currently "following" my blog) know by now that I'm pregnant. Well, to be honest, m0st days I don't feel pregnant. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm pretty happy with the lack of morning sickness, practically zero food aversions, and no particular scents or odors bother me more than usual. Hell, most days I don't even feel moodier! So, all in all, I say "Wah hoo for me!"

The only things that I wish I was having are food cravings. Now, they don't have to be crazy like pickles and peanut butter. I just wish I had SOMETHING compelling, that gives me that certain kind of oral pleasure (get your minds out of the gutter kids) that only THAT food can give. I have little cravings here and there, but that's normal for me anyway. I suppose it's probably a good thing that I don't have any cravings yet. Knowing my luck, I'd crave a heart-attack bowl from KFC, or worse - a quadruple BK stacker!

So, in lieu of any physical food cravings, I'm just going to refer to general cravings of life in my blog. You know, the yearnings, the thoughts that inspire action, or don't really inspire anything at all, they just linger there on the pallet of my mind. It's problably a hell of a lot healthier than actual cravings anyway.
They say your pregnancy symptoms are hereditary. So, in effect, whatever your mother suffered through in her pregnancy with you, you're likely to suffer. All I can say is, if that's the case, then I'm in for it in my upcoming 2nd and 3rd trimesters! While my mom never had any morning sickness, she did have cravings! She craved French Dip sandwiches - something I detest and always have. She ate them while pregnant with me, and she said she at them a lot! So much, in fact, that she retained tons of water and gained the most weight. I'm hoping I don't follow suit and, instead, crave lots of fruits like my mom did when she was pregnant with my little brother. So far, I've had no compulsion to eat French Dip sandwiches whatsoever. I HAVE purchased lots of fruit though...and some ice cream and some raspberry-filled powdered donuts...but that's beside the point!
The point is, food cravings or not, I'm inviting you to travel with me in my new journey in life. I appreciate any words of wisdom, encouragement, humor, or sharing of your own life's "cravings." I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child and I know the village I live in is the best because of my wonderful family and awesome friends like you all. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are updating your blog. I am still kind of in shock about the whole pregnancy thing, but I am really excited for you.

    The only cravings my mom ever told me she had was mustard, I think. Or like some kind of mustard chips. I can't remember. Life cravings, I am really craving some quality time with my friends. I've been locking myself in my room as of late, working hard on my etsy shop. And I still haven't seen Wathcmen, which we seriously need to see.

    I don't have a lot of words of wisdom, but I know my sister regretted letting pregnancy be an excuse to eat whatever and however much she wanted. But I doubt that will be a problem for you. Maybe I will post a blog with that theme. I think I've counted 15 freinds who are all pregnant right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I left this long ass comment, and for some reason it didn't post.

    Here's the jest of it, my craved mustard when she was pregnant.

    I really miss hanging out with the group, because I've been working so much. I haven't seen Watchmen, so maybe we can plan something if everyone hasn't seen it yet.

    And I don't have a lot of good wisdom when it comes to pregnancy. But I have about 15 friends who are all pregnant right now, so I'm sure I can get some advice from them.

    Dangit, I'm so bugged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no...your comment came through but, for some reason, Blogger is making me approve all comments to be published, rather than auto-publishing them.
    Damn, seems like Blogger is exercising it's parental rights over me or something. Guess I'd better check my settings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even realize you had a blog until now. Cool.

    That is pretty awesome that you haven't had many symptoms. My mom had bad morning sickness, so I figure I won't be able to avoid that.

    Good luck getting a non-gross food craving. :)

    ReplyDelete