Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different

I'm thinking about renting some Monty Python movies one of these days. Maybe I'll make a movie night of it or something. I want more laughs and less stress.

On that note: Yeah, so sorry for unloading all that emo stuff in my last post. Truthfully, I was partly inspired by my friend, Teisha's, brave candidity in her blog and partly just needed to get my feelings out in the universe...sort of a release before I exploded. Eeeeew.

Speaking of exploding, I officially hit my 11th week mark yesterday and, as I do every week, checked into how things are progressing with the little alien inside of me and what to expect in the coming weeks. Well, H-O-L-Y--C-O-W if that little creature didn't grow from "the size of a "kumquat" to "the size of a fig" in the matter of a week. And NEXT week, it's gonna be the size of a lime! (If you're curious about this fetus-to-food comparison, feel free to check out the upcoming progression here) Mmm...lime. Actually, a Lime Ricky from Arctic Circle sounds pretty good but, lately, lots of foods sound good. Oh! That's another thing I've learned...in the upcoming weeks, I'm supposedly going to turn into some sort of eating machine. Well, NOT on purpose; I'm just advised to step up my healthy eating a bit more as the baby is going to start growing more rapidly. When I say "rapidly," I mean that I should expect to gain 1-2 pounds PER WEEK, if not starting this week then definitely by the start of my second tri-mester (which is only 2 weeks away)! :o

Ummmm...yeah. Dan said that he can already see a bit of a pooch on me. So, now I guess I should probably start taking pics of my belly or something. I keep reading things online about how that's fun for expecting parents so they can go back and see the progress each week. Yeah...it won't be long before my co-workers, whom I haven't told yet, will either start to suspect that I'm a food addict all of the sudden, or that I'm pregnant. I'm gonna see how long I can get away with not telling anyone. Only my boss knows and he's good at keeping it a secret. :)

Anyway, onto cravings (or lack thereof STILL)... as usual, about the only time get a hankerin' for anything specific is if I'm due for food. The funny thing about that now is, what a normal "Yeah, I'm getting hungry" feeling is to anyone else has become more like "If I don't eat the next thing in sight, I'm gonna die!" LOL! Yup, it's pretty much this feeling that sweeps over you like you haven't eaten in days and you probably WILL start to feel sick if you don't put something in your belly ASAP! The great part of it is that you aren't picky (or at least I'm not). Just about anything you see sounds good, it's pretty rad. For instance, earlier today, I neglected to eat breakfast at my usual time, opting for hot chocolate instead, thinking it would suffice. Ummm...no. About an hour later, I felt like I was going to die. Unfortunately, the hunger was only made worse by my happening to be on allrecipes, checking out various Easter food. Ohhhhhh...if deviled eggs weren't the ONE thing calling my name! Unfortunately, deviled eggs aren't exactly a hot commodity in the employee kitchen at my work. Even if they were, I'd probably end up paying WAY too much for them. Therefore, Raisin Bran Extra had to suffice. However, I think I might make some Easter eggs the weekend after next, since BOTH sets of my parents are going to be out of town and I'm doing absolutely NOTHING for Easter. Then, the following week, I'm gonna make some deviled eggs and probably also some egg salad sandwiches. All of this, naturally, is considering I'll still even be craving eggs. Thus far, all other types of eggs don't sound all that great to me, just deviled or egg salad sandwich.
<-----(I just found this pic and I LOVE it!)


Anyway, as always, I'll keep you posted on my progress and all the random things I crave - or DON'T crave! Oh, my next appointment is in exactly 19 days and that's when I get to hear my baby's heart beat for the first time! Yay! :D

8 comments:

  1. Ohh that's so exciting about your appointment to hear the baby's heartbeat - I can't believe it's just a little over 2 weeks away. :) So that bellyHood thing at the bottom of your page is life-size, right? Man, it looks like he's got a lot of room to swim around in there...oh, and I just read your comment on Tess' page. Maybe we really SHOULD do like a game night once a month. We could switch it up by doing a movie once in a while, too, but really. Games are so economical. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my whining inspired you to do it yourself. It really builds up trying to be nice and humble and appreciative all the time. After I saw that picture, now I'm craving deviled eggs. Good thing it's Zombie Jesus day soon. And I better be included in games night or I will burn it down to the ground. It being whatever game night...I will set game night on fiya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura -
    I totally agree! Game night once a month! It IS pretty economical. We could even RENT a movie every once in awhile, rather than having people pay theater prices.

    Teisha -
    Why WOULDN'T I invite you to game night? You were at the last one and it's always awesome to hang out with you. However, if we need to appease that little pyromaniac inside of you, I can think of some other things you can set on fire! >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to make deviled eggs for like 2 months now! I also really want to color eggs for Easter. I guess that's just another way for me to pretend I'm not actually as old as I am. :) Can't wait for you to hear your little baby's heartbeat! Too bad you can't record it and post it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit! That's an awesome idea! I wonder if I can get my doctor to record it for me. Hmmmm... Well, at any rate, that little babyhood baby cam at the bottom has an audible example of how fast my baby's heart should be beating. Hey...don't underestimate the power of imitation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...you could make several baby-heartbeat-techno-remixes too! ;)
    Boom chicka boom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea! I swear Michelle, you are a money-making-idea-dynamo! Got any DJ equipment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally! Does GarageBand count?! :)

    ReplyDelete